Monday, July 21, 2008

Freedom

I had bird netting over the cayenne peppers and they were getting scrunched and the leaves at the top looked wilted. I took a pair of scissors and cut the netting so the plant could come through. It grew two inches in two days. The rainbow effect, while unintentional, is a result of shooting right into the sunlight. This is a learn while we go experience.

Tomatoes are getting bigger but are still green. It's so hot out (it's been in the mid 90's every day it seems this past week) that I have been watering in the evening and morning.

Speaking of hot peppers I bought some Poblano peppers at the supermarket. The kid at the cash register didn't know what they were. I said "Poblanos". He showed me his vegetable and bar code guide. No Poblano peppers. Finally I told a white lie. "Well they're a type of jalapeno." At least that got me out of the store. I don't know if I underpaid or overpaid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you underpaid. You should not have to water your brood today.

Mister Mustache said...

Actually Poblano peppers are 10 cenys less than jalapeno peppers. Hence I avoided a venial sin

Mister Mustache said...
This comment has been removed by the author.